This is a work in progress. Even though I’ve sorted these tasks by grade level, I believe that many of these tasks would work at various grade levels depending on the mathematical thinking that you are attempting to retrieve from the students.
Seeing Structure in Expressions
- Animal Populations (from Illustrative Math)
- Radius of a Cylinder (from Illustrative Math)
- Perimeter Expressions (from NRich)
- Seeing Dots (from Illustrative Math)
- Magic Squares (from Inside Mathematics)
- Mosaics (Dana Center)