I’ve decided to continue on this journey of blogging more because I really see the value in it. I’ve joined a new challenge (who doesn’t need motivation, right?)…and we’ve decided to stay connected on Twitter using #MTBoSChallenge.
As an Instructional Resource Teacher (IRT), I will approach each challenge with a different lens than if I was still in my own classroom.
We started back to school this past Thursday…but, honestly, my mind never leaves work behind. We only have two days in as teachers so far…with students returning on Wednesday.
Here is my Sunday 3-2-1 summary:
3 things that I’m looking forward to this year:
- I’m attempting to implement the Lesson Study process with the teachers in our 7th grade. There are 5 of us on the team…4 general education teachers, 1 special education teacher, and myself. I believe it will be an extension of the work that we’ve been doing…we will just hopefully dig a little deeper.
- I’d like to implement #myfavorite at our monthly department meetings. I stole this idea from the #MTBoS …Teachers do so many things that are great and they just don’t realize it b/c they are locked in their own room. I’m hoping this fosters sharing and collaboration…but most importantly provides an opportunity for each person to see that they do have something to contribute to our community.
- I’m hoping to bring some of the great educational technologies into the math classroom~Desmos, Thinglink, Plickers, Aurasma, Padlet~just to name a few.
2 things that I want to get better at:
- Providing really strong qualitative feedback to students…and supporting teachers as they do this. It’s a lot of work…so I’m going to be on a mission to figure out how I can help to streamline this process.
- I have a lot going on in my head ALL the time. I can tend to overwhelm if I’m not careful…I want to work on streamlining my own process of engaging with the teachers that are doing the work in the classroom. I’m really glad that @approx_normal retweeted this post from @jedipadmaster
1 thing that I’m nervous about:
- Having time to get it all done. I probably need to prioritize a bit better…still a work in progress.