It looks like I need a good reason to put thoughts down in writing. It’s an intimidating process for me…so I choose to avoid it if I can. I was inspired by @druinok and her post here.
So the prompt for today is START/STOP/CONTINUE…this is just the type of prompt that I can handle~a LIST!
3 things to START:
- I want to become more comfortable presenting to my peers. I would love to feel confident enough to draft a proposal for a local conference. Or even write an article for publication.
- I would like to begin working on a doctorate degree… *that is all. SCARY
- I would like to promote a culture of professional learning in my building this year…and not worry about the naysayers. I hope to do this through the process of lesson study.
3 things to STOP:
- I need to stop and smell the roses a little more often. I need to STOP thinking about education and math ALL. OF. THE. TIME. I need to get a hobby other than education.
- I need to stop worrying about what other people think. I mean…I’m kind of the crazy/math/education/thinker in my building. And they laugh (lovingly I think) at me. But it’s ok!
- This one is hard…not sure what else I’d stop.
3 things to CONTINUE:
- I would like to continue trying this blogging thing out. I think I might use text to speech to put down some of my thoughts. I tend to overthink the wording when I write.
- I would like to continue to read some of the great articles/books that are shared via Twitter. What an amazing tool to have at our fingertips 24/7!!!
- I would like to continue to push teaching literacy within the math content area. It’s a stretch for some…so I need to find and provide useful, effective, practical strategies (and hassle free).
Ok…WHEW! I did it…what’s next???